Looking to grow your dental career?
Join the team at Lakeshore Family Dentistry! Browse our current openings below.
To learn more about a particular opening, tap the + icon next to the job title.
Dental Assistant - Glendale/Fox Point
Dental Hygienist - Glendale/Fox PointLakeshore Family Dentistry is looking to add an enthusiastic Dental Assistant to our Glendale/Fox Point team! Dental assistants greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care and are valuable members of the dental care team. If you have strong communication skills, enjoy working with your hands as well as your mind and want a career with responsibility, dental assisting is for you.
DUTIESThe duties of a dental assistant are among the most comprehensive and varied in the dental office. The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary, responsibilities may include:
- assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
- communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
- helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
WHO WE AREWe strive to be the best dental care provider in the North Shore of Milwaukee! Putting patients' needs and goals first, we value the relationships we create at our office. We want our patients to have a pleasant and painless dental experience! From hygiene to restorative work- we are your go-to team on how to keep your smile healthy and bright! We are equipped with a wonderful staff of dental professionals in Glendale and Greendale locations. We are proud to provide quality care and make your family's dental needs our priority!
HOW TO APPLYIf interested, please send your resume to [email protected] or call our Glendale/Fox Point office at 414.352.1600.
Dental Hygienist - Glendale/Fox Point